Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ'S)

Do I need to be homebound to receive services?
No, anyone can receive in-home counseling services, if interested.

Do I have to be 65 before I can get services?
No. Though we started out primarily serving seniors, we now serve any adult, age 18 and over, and take a variety of insurance, not just Medicare.

Do I need a referral or order from a doctor?
No, all you need to do is call or email us, and we will help you get an appointment.

Are you the same as a Home Health Agency, or Palliative Care? I already see a Social Worker through them.
No, we are a counseling service, and we can see you on a regular, on-going basis, indefinitely, whereas a Home Health Social Worker usually sees you for 1-2 sessions only, and a Palliative Care Social Worker may see you only once a month.

What if I am already receiving services from a Home Health Agency?
There is no conflict. We can provide counseling services to you at the same time as you receive Home Health services, (including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Medical Social Work and RN services).

What if I don't want to meet in my home?
We don't have a physical office, but if you'd prefer, we can meet in a study room in a local library, or in a café, or anywhere you would like.

Is there a limit on the number of sessions I can receive?
Medicare or private insurance does not put a limit on how long you may receive services. However, managed care insurance plans typically require pre-authorizations for blocks of sessions, and may not authorize services indefinitely.

Are services available anywhere I live?
We can serve any residential location (single family home, apartment, assisted living facility, supportive living facility, senior building). We cannot serve people while they are in a Skilled Nursing Facility or rehabilitation center, or if you are enrolled in Hospice.

What Counties do you serve?
Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage, and Kane County, plus the Joliet and Rockford areas.

Do you have bilingual therapists?
We do have 4 Spanish-speaking and an English/French therapists who can help individuals living on the north side of Chicago, south side of Chicago, the north suburbs, and parts of Kane and DuPage County.

Who pays for these services?
We accept Medicare Part B, Medigap Supplemental Insurance, many PPO commercial insurance plans, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, HealthSpring, and Humana, Medicare Advantage Plans, most Medicare-Medicaid Alignment Initiative Plans (MMAI), and some Medicaid managed care plans (IlliniCare and CountyCare). If you provide us your insurance information, we'd be glad to verify eligibility and benefits prior to starting services. We also have a sliding fee scale.